The content of the HuDSeN download links, including text, images,
software and anatomical nomenclature is not in the public domain. The downloads
are available free of charge to academic organisations for non-profit research
purposes. The licence is for academic organisations only. Commercial organisations
wishing to take out a licence should contact the Institute of Genetic Medicine.
The contact for the download link is:
Institute of Genetic Medicine
International Centre for Life
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 3BZ, UK.
1. The Medical Research Council, UK and the University of Edinburgh, UK hold the copyright for the Software being offered for use on these pages. The Reconstructions and movies are the property of the Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle and will not be used without prior written consent.
2. The use of the software and the HuDSeN models is granted on the basis that they will be used solely for non-profit academic research purposes and any other use must be by written permission from the Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle and the MRC Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh.
3. Any 2D images, movie sequences and anatomical nomenclature contained can be used within publications of the Licensee's organisation provided full and proper reference to the material is made, and that there is no-profit from such publication. For example, images may be used and the text quoted in both paper and electronic publications. If the scientific results of this work derive from an analysis of the data in the download directly (as distinct from interpreting new data), then the licensee agrees to contact the Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle via one or more of the contacts above before publication to obtain permission to use that data in that way.
4. The Licensee agrees to acknowledge the use of the models and appropriate software in any document which has input from work using the download, including but not limited to published research. The licensee agrees to notify the Institute of Genetic Medicine via one or more of the contacts above and to supply a copy of the publication, with appropriate modification made for protection of confidential or proprietary information.
5. THE MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL (MRC), UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH, INSTITUTE OF GENETIC MEDICINE, NEWCASTLE AND NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY MAKE NO REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THIS SOFTWARE OR DATA FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE OR DATA WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OF OTHER RIGHTS. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS".
You can either download the Word document, fill it in and e-mail it back to us at the HuDSeN contact address, or you can print any of the copies out and mail a hard copy to us. The request forms are currently available for the Java Atlas Viewer, CS12 to CS23 models and their associated domains. Extra models are currently being prepared for use with the Viewer. The number of domains available will be updated as the anatomical database is revised.
Download Request Form: as Word Document. or as PDF file.